1. Proof of enough periodic income (investments, annuities, sabbaticals and any other source of income) to live in Spain without working. The minimum income required is 25,560 Euros annually plus 6,390 Euros per each additional family member. All documentation must be certified translated into Spanish.
2. Police Criminal Record clearance
3. Medical Certificate with a certified translation into Spanish, which should be a doctor’s recent statement (not older than 3 months in doctor’s or medical center’s letterhead) indicating that ‘the patient has been examined and found free of any contagious diseases according to the International Health Regulation 2005’. Must be signed by a M.D.
4. Proof of having international medical insurance while in Spain.
5. Will I be able to gain the Spanish citizenship?
Yes. After 10 years of continuous residency, you will be allowed to apply for the Spanish citizenship.